3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip
This 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip will combine great Rwanda safari highlights of gorilla trekking and a glimpse into the Rwandan culture by visiting the gorilla guardian’s village. The mountain gorillas live deep in the jungles of the Virunga volcanoes shared between Uganda, Rwanda, and Congo. This 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip will take you to the Volcanoes national park which offers the perfect inhabitant for mountain gorillas found in northern Rwanda on the border with Uganda. The route to this park takes you through the communities where you enjoy the scenery of ‘the thousand hills.
Detailed 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kinigi for your Gorilla Tracking
Transfer to Volcanoes National Park the home of gorilla tracking activity in Rwanda. Best known to the outside world as the place where for almost 20yrs the American primatologist Dian Fossey took her pioneering studies of mountain gorilla behavior.
Classic: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Budget: Kinigi Guest House or Muhavura Lodge.
Day 2 of 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip: Gorilla Trekking, Parc National des Volcanoes
Have breakfast and go to ORTPN offices for briefing after that set off in the forest for Gorilla trekking. A thrilling trek through the refined foothills of the Virungas provides inspiring views in all directions. Then, suddenly, the trail enters the national park, engrossing trekkers in the strange closeness of the rainforest, alive with the calls of colorful birds and chattering of the rare golden monkey, and besieged with fresh spoor of the mountains’ elusive populations of buffalo and elephant.
Through gaps in the forest canopy, the marvelous peaks are sighted, easy to get to, and among the uppermost in Africa, indicating an ascent. Gorilla trekking is quite strenuous but worthwhile in encountering these gentle giants. The enthusiasm of your coming across these apes will wipe away your intricacy of the strenuous trek. Spend time watching gorillas, watch the adults feeding their young ones, brushing and resting as the youngsters play from vines in a pleasurably playful display.
In the afternoon if interested set out for a tour of the twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera or take a community walk around neighboring communities of the forest. Interact with the local people; learn about their way of living. After a wonderful evening, you return to your lodge for dinner and rest.
Day 3 of 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip: Return to Kigali, visit the Genocide memorial/museum and transfer to the airport
Following breakfast, you will leave for Kigali. Go for a City tour including visits to the market, a pottery project, handicraft shops, the Franco-Rwandan cultural center, and the genocide memorial. Have lunch en route and then Transfer to the airport.
End of of 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip Inclusions and Exclusions
The tariff includes:
- Accommodation in a double room, full board treatment, excluding drinks
- All the transfers in private means 4×4 Land Cruiser or minibus
- English-speaking Driver/Guide
- Entrance fees, taxes, and “gorilla permits” and chimp permits.
The tariff does not include:
- Air ticket.
- Tourist insurance
- Entrance visas: 50 USD for Rwanda before arrival
- Drinks and tips.
- Everything is not directly mentioned in the program itinerary.
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Trip Terms and Conditions
- We require a deposit of 50% of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month before the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer, any significant changes beyond that will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause hazard or inconvenience to other clients and our environment and ecosystems.
- Please note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before the year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate, therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.