5 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari Rwanda Tour
This 5 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari Rwanda Adventure is an ideal wildlife viewing trip that will enable you to do game drives, birding, nature walks, and boat cruises at Akagera National Park. This attractive park of rolling hills and open grassy valleys are interspersed with thickets, woodlands, and rich wetlands. It is the only park in Rwanda with wildlife in savannah grasslands and the best to see large schools of Hippos. The 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari to Akagera also includes a visit to the presidential museum will give you an insight into the tragedy that happened on April 6th, 1994 when president Habyarimana’s plane was shot down, to date it is a museum and a noteworthy item on the bucket list of the Rwanda tour.
Brief 5 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari Rwanda Tour
- Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda, transfer to hotel.
- Day 2: Transfer to Akagera National Park via King’s Palace Museum.
- Day 3: Boat Cruise and Sport Fishing in Akagera.
- Day 4: Game Drive and Nature Walk in Akagera National Park.
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali with a Tour of the Presidential Palace.
Detailed 5 Days Akagera Wildlife Safari Rwanda Tour
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda, transfer to hotel
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, you are met by your safari guide who will transfer you to Kigali to a hotel booked for you. In case you have had an early flight to Rwanda, you will be taken on a brief tour of the city of Kigali. Have dinner and relax at the hotel as you await your Akagera National Park adventure the next day.
Day 2 of 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari: Transfer to Akagera National Park Via King’s Palace Museum
You will wake up early in the morning, and after your breakfast by 7:00 AM, our tour guide/driver will be at your hotel to brief you about the whole travel plan. Thereafter, you will embark on a 3-hour drive to Akagera National Park, which is located in the western part of the country.
Have a stop at the king’s palace museum, located 88 km south of Kigali. It offers a detailed study of the Rwandan tradition of monarchy rule, and it’s composed of traditional materials like artistically designed wooden African chairs plus animal skin mats. While here, you may opt to visit the royal burial grounds of King Mutara and his wife. After this cultural experience, you will resume your journey to the park with an hour’s lunch break en route, thus you will reach Akagera National Park in the evening. Check-in at the hotel for dinner and a night’s rest.
- Luxury: Ruzizi tented camp
- Midrange: Akagera Game Lodge
- Budget: Devera Hotel
Day 3 of 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari: Boat Cruise and Sport Fishing in Akageera
After early morning breakfast, you will go for a boat cruise on Lake Ihema. A tour guide on the boat will journey you through the history of the lakes’ existence. You should expect to see a variety of aquatic life like elephants, hippos, crocodiles, birdlife plus other wildlife.
The boat cruise takes around 3 hours; after which you will head back to your accommodation for lunch. In case you carry packed lunch with you, a break to have the meal will be had within the jungle.
Later on, you will go sport fishing on lake Ihema. The most common fish species caught are tilapia, but there are also other species in the lake like catfish and lungfish. After this amazing experience, you will return to your lodge for dinner and rest for the night.
Day 4 of 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari: Game Drive and Nature Walk
You will wake up to the sounds of nature with an early morning breakfast, after which you will embark on your 3 hours of morning game drive in the open savannah of the park. Here, your sightseeing adventure will bring you close to countless groups of wildlife including, elephants, zebras, buffalos, topis, giraffes, and hyenas; along with birds of various types.
After the game drive, you then retreat from the activity and head back to the lodge for lunch and afternoon relaxation. Thereafter, you may opt to do 3 hours of an evening nature walk, which will draw you close to the wildlife, and you will get to learn different animal behaviors as they retire after a long day. After this moment, you will go back to your lodge have dinner, and rest
Day 5 of 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari: Transfer Back to Kigali with a Tour of the Presidential Palace
You rise early in the morning hums of mother Nature, and after your breakfast and checking out from your lodge/hotel, you will transfer back to Kigali, 106 km from the park which will take approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, with 1 hours’ lunch while on the route.
You will then get to visit the former presidential palace of the late Habyarimana, now turned into a museum, which is composed of wreckages from his jet that was gunned down on April 6th, 1994. From here, you are driven back to your hotel or dropped off at the airport
End of 5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari
5 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser.
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation on full board
- Transfer to and from the Kigali Airport.
- All activities not mentioned in the program.
- Phone calls bills.
- International transfers
- Gratitude to tour guides.
- Personal Insurance
- Personal effects of any nature.
- Hotel fees before and after the Rwanda safari
4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require 50% deposit of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month before the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer. Any significant changes beyond our will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause a hazard or inconvenience to other clients and our environment and ecosystems.
- Note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before the year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate. Therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.