5 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour & Gorilla Trekking Safari
This 5 Days Uganda wildlife tour and gorilla trekking safari offer a gorilla trekking experience and wildlife viewing on a trip to two iconic national parks which are Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park. On the 5 days/4 nights Uganda safari, you have a gorilla trekking in the Bwindi Forest which is home to almost half of the world’s population of mountain gorillas then sight wildlife including the elephants, kobs, buffaloes, lions, and many more on a game drive and boat cruise experience at Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Brief 5 Days Uganda Wildlife tour
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda, pick up from Airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking and community cultural exposure.
- Day 4: Travel to Queen Elizabeth to do a Game Drive and Boat launch
- Day 5: Game drive and return to Kampala.
Detailed Itinerary of this 5 Days Uganda Wildlife Tour and Gorilla trekking Safari
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda, pick up from Airport and transfer to hotel
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you will be met by your tour guide who will transfer you to Kampala to a hotel booked for you. In case you have had an early flight to Uganda, you will be taken on a brief tour of the city of Kampala. Later return to your hotel for dinner and overnight. Accommodation at the hotel of choice and budget.
- Luxury: Serena hotel/ pearl of Africa Hotel
- Midrange: Emin Pasha Hotel/ Speke Resort Hotel
- Budget: Acacia Lodge/ Namirembe Guest House
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2 of 5 Days Uganda wildlife Tour: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After early breakfast, your guide will be there to pick you up for the trip. He will give you a brief of the entire trip before setting off. You will hit the road westwards to Bwindi. This trip takes approximately a 9-10 hours drive.
You will have a stopover at the equator for a chance to feel the hemispheric experience and have some photo movement. Continue with the journey through the beautiful verdant rolling hills of this part of the country. Have an en-route lunch in Mbarara at Igongo Cultural center and then continue to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and immediately check in at your lodge. You will later have dinner and overnight
- Luxury: mahogany lodge/ Buhoma lodge/ Rushanga Gorilla Safari Lodge
- Midrange: Gorilla Resort Bwindi/ Gorilla Safari Lodge/ Lake Mutanda Resort / Gorilla Mist Camp
- Budget: Buhoma community rest camp/ Ruhija Gorilla Friends Camp/ Gorilla Valley Lodge
- Meal Plan: full board
Day 3 of 5 Days Uganda wildlife Tour: Gorilla Trekking and community cultural exposure
Breakfast will be a bit early since this day’s activity is the epicenter of this trip. After your breakfast, your guide will be there to take you to the park headquarters where you will be briefed by the guides before you begin to trek into the park. Bwindi is renowned for its impressive Mountain Gorillas.
The time it takes to trek is unpredictable, the thrill of spending time observing these gentle apes once sited as they feed, communicate, play and bond with the young ones is an awesome experience that leaves a lasting memory of a lifetime.
That one hour that you are accorded to spend with them is worth the trek. You can have as many pictures with them as you can. After the trek, you will return to the starting point where you will meet up with your guide to drive you back to the lodge for lunch
Return to your lodge for lunch rest, and later go for a cultural walk to interact with and learn about the lifestyle of the local people. You will participate in captivating traditional performances presented by the women’s group or orphaned children’s groups. Later you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight
Meal Plan: full board
Day 4 of 5 Days Uganda wildlife Tour: Travel to Queen Elizabeth to do a Game Drive and Boat launch
After an early breakfast, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park entering through Ishasha Sector renowned for the tree-climbing lions. You will have a drive-through game drive, you are likely to spot elephants, hyenas, leopards, Buffalos, and several bird species.
Later in the afternoon, you will go for a four-hour boat cruise down the Kazinga channel that connects Lake George and Lake Edward. The boat safari cruise takes you through the highest population of hippos and you will see a profusion of water animals and birds basking on the water shores.
The boat safari cruise rewards you with a great opportunity to take photos at close range. After this tiresome yet exciting experience, you will head to your lodge for dinner and accommodation
- Luxury: Mweya safari lodge: Katara lodge/ jacana lodge
- Midrange: Bush lodge/ Simba safari camp/ Buffalo Safari Resort/ Enganzi Lodge/ IhambaSafari lodge
- Budget: Kazinga channel view lodge/ Simba safari camp in tents/ Bush lodge in tents
- Meal Plan: full board
Day 5 of 5 Days Uganda wildlife Tour: Game drive and return to Kampala
After breakfast, you will set out for a game drive along the “Queen’s Mile” and the Kasenyi track to see wild animals. Be ready to spot animals including the lion, leopard, Mongoose, Uganda kobs, elephants, hyenas, waterbucks, cape buffaloes, Topi, warthogs, and several small animals and birds.
You will return to your lodge for lunch after which you will start the return journey to Kampala, arriving in the evening. If your flight is this very day then your guide driver will transfer you to the airport at Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight.
- Meal plan: breakfast and lunch
End of 5 Days Uganda wildlife Tour and gorilla trekking safari
5 Days Uganda wildlife Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser.
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park admissions
- Accommodation for 4 nights.
- Entrance fees to all destinations as per the program.
- Transfer to and from the airport
- All activities not mentioned in the program.
- Phone calls bills.
- International transfers
- Gratitude to tour guides.
- Personal Insurance
- Personal effects of any nature
- Hotel fees before and after the Uganda safari.