6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour (Gorilla Trekking, Chimpanzee Trekking, Culture, and Kigali City Trip)
This 6 Days Rwanda safari tour is a primate trekking, cultural, and City tour experience. 6 days safari in Rwanda itinerary offers Gorilla trekking in Rwanda – Volcanoes national park, cultural encounters, recreation, chimpanzee trekking tour, and canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest National Park. This 6 Days Rwanda safari tour in Africa will include Kigali city to have a taste of the genocide effects and how the country has transformed from such horror, continue to do Gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park, and relax on the waters of Lake Kivu before proceeding to encounter chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest National Park.
Brief 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour
Detailed 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour
Day 1: Kigali city tour and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, embark on a morning Kigali city encounter. On this half-day Kigali city tour, their options from visiting the Gisozi genocide memorial the presidential palace museum where the remains of the presidential plane FALCON 50 lay in pieces, the craft centers, Natural History Museum among other attractions.
You will rest for lunch after which you will embark on the transfer to volcanoes National Park (116 km) about 3 hour’s drive from Kigali city. The drive en route will expose you to magical scenic views of the land of a thousand hills before arriving at the Volcanoes in the evening for overnight. You will have lunch en route to Volcanoes National Park.
- Luxury: Mount Gorilla View Hotel
- Mid-range: La palme hotel
- Basic: Muhabura Hotel
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2 of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes
On this exciting gorilla trekking day, you will have to wake up extra earlier to plan yourself, have lunch and have to carry lots of water for the long trek. By 8: 00, you have to be at the park headquarters for a briefing. They will hand you a park ranger guide to help you on the search for Gorilla. They allocate you a family of gorillas and so you have to trek to find it.
You will head off to the volcanic lush vegetation in search of gorillas. The trek is quite thrilling as you go through amazing landscapes amidst birds and other wildlife crossing including monkeys, wild pigs, and if lucky wild elephants. The trek takes 2-8 hours as gorilla movements are unpredictable, thus packed lunch is required. The jungle sound will accompany you up to that long-waited moment of direct contact with gorillas. You will see them as they forage, play socialize, and sometimes charge.
The state of wonder that will engulf your heart could leave your camera film with no space for other encounters. The full one hour is enough to optimize this experience after which you will retreat to the starting point and then drive back to your lodge to relax and refreshen. If time permits, you can for a cave walk in the evening to wonder about the structure of these natural houses or you can opt to visit the Iby’ iwachu cultural village to encounter the culture of the Banyarwanda
Day 3 of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour: Hike Dian Fossey and Transfer to Lake Kivu
After an early breakfast, embark on the hike to Dian Fossey center to pay tribute to one of the gorilla conservationists the world is proud to have had. This American primatologist championed the conservation of these critically endangered mountain gorillas.
The Karisoke center is located on a raised landscape this involves a relative hike but is less strenuous. The grace of the silverback, the digit is also seen at this center. This activity takes 3-4 hours. You will then return to the lodge for lunch after which you will embark on the transfer to Lake Kivu- Gisenyi 110km about 2 hours drive. On the arrival, you will go for an evening boat cruise or relax at Lake Kivu beaches.
- Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
- Hotel Gorillas Lake Kivu
- View palm resort
- Paradise Malahide
- Meal plan: full board
Day 4 of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour: Drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park
After an early breakfast, embark on the drive to Nyungwe forest National Park 294km about 6-7hours’ drive. You will pass the green hillside of western Rwanda with a lunch stop en route.
Driving most of this journey along Lake Kivu is one of those enjoyable things on this safari. Arrive in the afternoon, check-in at your hotel, freshen and relax, and later have dinner and overnight.
- Luxury: Nyungwe Forest Lodge
- Mid-range: Nyungwe hill top view hotel
- Basic: Gisakura guest house
- Meal Plan: full board
Day 5 of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour: Chimpanzee Trekking and Nyungwe Canopy Walk
After an early breakfast, get ready for another tiresome yet exciting experience. Go for a briefing about the endangered chimpanzee before entering the forest in search of the active playful fellows in Nyungwe forest. The chimpanzees are much easier to spot as they jump from one tree to another, chattering and laughing. Chimpanzee trekking usually takes 3 hours. On sighting them, spend an hour taking pictures and videos.
You will then return to the starting point and meet up with your guide to drive you back to your lodge for lunch and refreshments. After lunch, you will go on a walk-a-swing bridge 50 meters in length that is suspended from large trees. You will be able to see the amazing rain-forest with a bird’s eye view, spotting wildlife moving about below you. Before nightfall, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: full board
Day 6 of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour: Transfer Back to Kigali City
After an early breakfast, embark on the drive to Kigali city 268km about 6 hours’ drive excluding stops en route. You will stop en route at Butare for lunch and visit Nyanza palace Butare ethnographic museum after which you continue with your drive to Kigali city to your hotel or transfer to the airport for your flight back Meal Plan: Breakfast and lunch
End of 6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour
6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser.
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park admissions
- Accommodation on full board.
- Entrance fees to all destinations as per the program
- Transfer to and from the airport.
- All activities not mentioned in the program.
- Phone calls bills.
- International transfers.
- Gratitude to tour guides
- Personal Insurance
- Personal effects of any nature.
- Hotel fees before and after the Rwanda safari
6 Days Rwanda Safari Tour Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require 50% deposit of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month before the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer. Any significant changes beyond our will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause a hazard or inconvenience to other clients and our environment and ecosystems.
- Note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before the year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate. Therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.