7 Days Best Rwanda Safari (Gorilla Trekking, Wildlife Tour, Chimpanzee Tracking Trip)
On this 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari (Gorilla Trekking, Wildlife Tour, Chimpanzee Tracking Trip), you will tour the genocide memorials, visit the Nyungwe Forest National Park with its vicissitude of primates and birds; enjoy Lake Kivu; and get two opportunities to spend time amongst the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park. The 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari trip also involves a wildlife adventure trip in Akagera national park – the most beautiful national park in Rwanda and Africa.
7 Days Best Rwanda Safari Highlights
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kigali International Airport.
- Day 2 – Drive to Ruhengeri in Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 3 – Mountain Gorilla tracking.
- Day 4 – The beach of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi.
- Day 5 – Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park.
- Day 6 – The primates of Nyungwe Forest National Park.
- Day 7 – Departure.
Where: Parc National des Volcans, Akagera National Park, Nyungwe National Park, Lake Kivu, Butare, Kigali. This safari allows you to discover the best natural and cultural sites of Rwanda.
What to do: mountains gorilla tracking, primate trekking, cultural and historical visit
When to go: Rwanda has a moderate temperature all over the year and the dry seasons are between January and March and June to September.
Who can join: anybody who likes trekking in rainy tropical forests? Gorilla tracking is probably the most demanding activity, as it is long hiking along the hills of the park.
Detailed 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari
Day 1 – Arrival at Kigali International Airport
Arrive at Kigali International Airport and transfer to the hotel in Kigali. Go for a city tour of the city visiting the cultural and historic sites. Visit the markets too. Dinner and overnight at Serena Kigali hotel or Iris Guest House.
Day 2 of 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari – Drive to Ruhengeri in Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, leave Entebbe/Kigali to reach Ruhengeri at the gate of Parc National des Volcans. The journey is full of beautiful sceneries, through the cultivated terraced hills of Kigezi and Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at Gorilla Nest Camp or Kinigi Guest House.
Day 3 – Mountain Gorilla tracking
Early morning you enter the gorilla sanctuary of Parc National des Volcans, the rain tropical forest covering the hills surrounding Virunga Volcanoes. Trekking is a demanding but rewarding experience. Ensure you bring with you enough water and a packed lunch.
The time spent in the forest depends on the movements of the primates in their natural environment. After the activity, you return at leisure to Gorilla Nest Camp or Kinigi Guest House in Ruhengeri for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 of 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari – The beach of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi
After breakfast, leave Ruhengeri and proceed to Gisenyi, a pretty town located on the shores of beautiful Lake Kivu, the main water body of Rwanda. Relax on the beach on the full board at Kivu Serena Hotel or Stipp Hotel.
Day 5 – Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park
After breakfast, transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park. Arrive in Nyungwe National Park in time for dinner and overnight at Peace Guest House.
Day 6 of 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari – The primates of Nyungwe Forest National Park
After an early breakfast, you enter Nyungwe forest for trekking in search of the numerous troops of Colobus monkeys and/or tracking the chimpanzee. Nyungwe is a vast, uncontaminated rain tropical forest over 1000 sq km in size and you will be amazed by such intense, green mountain vegetation. Ensure you carry with you a packed lunch and water for a picnic lunch. Return to Peace Guest House for dinner and overnight.
Day 7 – Departure
Drive back to Kigali and on the way visit the Nyanza palace and the Gikongoro memorial site. Reserved for departure.
End of 7 Days Best Rwanda Safari
Tariff per person (including gorilla tracking):
The tariff includes:
- Accommodation in hotels or lodges, in double rooms, full board treatment, excluding drinks
- All the transfers in private means 4×4 Land Cruiser or minibus
- English-speaking Driver/Guide
- Entrance fees, taxes, and “gorilla permit”
The tariff does not include:
- Air ticket.
- Tourist insurance
- Entrance visas:
- Drinks and tips.
- Everything is not directly mentioned in the program itinerary.
7 Days Best Rwanda Safari Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require a deposit of 50% of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month before the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer, any significant changes beyond that will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause a hazard or inconvenience to other clients and our environment and ecosystems.
- Please note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before the year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate, therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.