5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour and Akagera Wildlife Safari
This 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour and Akagera Wildlife Safari is a short gorilla trek and Big Five safari experience in beautiful Rwanda. These 5 days Rwanda gorilla tour offers tourists a golden lifetime opportunity to take part in the tracking of the endangered mountain gorillas and spending time with golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park and taking part in the beautiful fruitful Akagera National Park game drives. Akagera National Park is known for the big 5 game viewing drives. In Akagera you will see a wide variety of animals such as big herds of elephants, buffalos, and lions. Masai giraffe, many antelope species.
Brief 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National Park and have an evening game drive.
- Day 2: Akagera morning game drive and transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 3: Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes National Park and a visit to Ibyiwacu Cultural center.
- Day 4: Golden Monkey tracking and a visit to Musanze Caves.
- Day 5: Transfer to Kigali International Airport for departure.
Detailed 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
Day 1: Transfer to Akagera National Park and have an evening game drive.
Your tour guide will pick you up either from Kigali International Airport or from your hotel after your breakfast and transfer you to Akagera National Park by car via Akagera Road the journey lasts for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. On your way to Akagera National Park, you may need any supplies for your use. Feel free to talk to your guide and he will help you purchase everything you may need. Checking in to the lodge/ hotel for refreshments and later lunch will be served at the hotel/ lodge.
Enjoy the evening Akagera National Park game drive, enjoying the ascending winds and beautiful scenery, savannah vegetation, lakes, and the wide blue skies of the Akagera National Park. Animals such as elephants, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, and several antelopes Akagera happens to be the home of several antelopes. Dinner will be served and overnight stay at the lodge/ hotel.
Day 2 of 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour: Akagera Morning Game Drive and transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
Breakfast and morning Akagera National Park game drive. The fact that it is not yet hot, you will have a big chance of spotting several animals from your vehicle. Predators such as lions, hyenas, cheetahs, and leopards are most likely to be spotted on a hunt to catch the prey for the day. Animals such as African elephants, buffalos, and many species of antelopes, will be seen grazing in cool morning hours as well as very many other animals. You will also spot different bird species as Akagera National Park records more than 480 bird species on the checklist.
Have Lunch at the hotel, refresh and transfer to volcanoes National Park. This journey to Volcanoes National Park to see the endangered mountain gorillas will last for not more than 3 hours as you enjoy the ascending winding roads and the beautiful mountain scenery. Check in to the lodge and evening village walk. After checking in to the lodge, your safari guide will help you on a village walk, if you are interested. You may choose to remain in the hotel sleeping planning for the tracking the next day.
You will take not more than 2 hours in the hospitable, colorful, rustic local villages around the national park. Interaction with the locals will be memorable as you will see for yourself the simplicity and richness of the local lifestyle. Local heartily humble people will dance and entertain you as you are also allowed to take part in the traditional dances. After an evening village/ community walk, you will return to the lodge for refreshments, and later dinner will be served. Dinner, campfire, and overnight stay at the hotel/ lodge.
Day 3 of 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour: Gorilla Trekking and Ibyiwacu Cultural Center.
Breakfast will be served very early in the morning at the lodge/ hotel. After breakfast, your Rwanda safari guide will transfer you to the park headquarters for a briefing by park rangers. During the briefing, you and 7 other individuals are assigned a gorilla family to trek, the ranger will help you in allocating the assigned gorilla family movements.
The gorilla trek will take between 1-8 hours depending on the animal’s movements. After finding the mountain gorillas, you will be allowed to spend 1 hour watching them. Good photography moments with the gorillas are allowed and your ranger guide will answer any of your questions about mountain gorillas. After watching the gorillas for 1 hour you then return to the park headquarters for a transfer to the hotel for lunch and refreshments.
After lunch and refreshments, your guide will drive you to the historical Ibyiwacu cultural center in Kingi. When you’re at this mighty center, you will be able to enjoy performances of native dance and music by drummers and dancers. These experiences will give you soft memorial smiles and unforgettable memories as you will also be allowed to take part. Before nightfall, you will return to your hotel/ lodge where dinner will be served. And a night’s stay.
Day 4 of 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour: Golden monkey tracking and visiting Musanze Caves.
Early breakfast will be served at your lodge/ hotel. Your guide then will drive you to the park headquarters for the briefing and after tracking of golden monkeys will start from the tracking start point. Tracking Golden monkeys is easy, unlike mountain Gorillas. You will be able to spot Golden monkeys feeding in the beautiful bamboo forests. You will be allowed to spend 1 hour, photographing and observing Golden monkeys then the park ranger will lead you out of the forest to the park headquarters. Your safari guide will drive you back to the hotel for lunch and refreshments.
After lunch, your guide will escort you to the breathtaking Musanze caves. You will follow the trails into the caves and you will discover the long-lost homes of the local people. Before nightfall, you will return to your lodge/ hotel for dinner and a night’s stay.
Day 5 of 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour: Return to Kigali for drop-off or departure
Early morning breakfast will be served at the lodge. After you will prepare yourselves and your guide will drive you back to Kigali International Airport or hotel/ place of residence in the Kigali capital. This will mark the end of your 5 days Rwanda tour.
End of 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transport on a 4WD vehicle with a pop-up roof, which enables you to spot wildlife more easier
- Meals as indicated
- Park entrance fees
- Driver’s allowances
- Service of an English-speaking professional guide/Driver
- Camping fees, Mattresses (If Camping)
- Crater fees
- Food, cooking, and all kitchen utensils (If Camping)
- Mineral water 1.5lt per person per day
- Activities as per the itinerary above
- International flights to/from your home
- Tips & gratuities
- The first night on your arrival and the last night after the safari
- Airport transfers (book with us)
- Personal Insurance
- Sleeping bag (if Camping)
- Olduvai Gorge fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Flying doctor’s insurance, we can arrange for a request.
- Tips to the driver/guide and all items of personal nature/use.
5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require 50% deposit of the total tour cost for the clients to safeguard the reservations and gorilla permits.
- The balance should be paid 1 month before the arrival.
- For bookings coming one month before departure, we shall require the full payment of the tour costs.
- The payment is made by international money transfer to the company bank account in Uganda.
- Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer. Any significant changes beyond our will be immediately communicated to our clients.
- We also retain the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person causes or is deemed to cause a hazard or inconvenience to other clients and our environment and ecosystems.
- Note that in Uganda US dollar banknotes series before the year 2006 are accepted only with a low exchange rate. Therefore clients are advised to travel to Uganda with more recent banknotes series. The same applies to banknotes below 50 USD.